Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Life before 11 a.m.

One morning this past winter, my husband, who always takes our son to school, rolled over at the ungodly hour of 7:30 a.m. and said "I don't feel well. You are going to have to take Jackson to school." I stared at him, wide-eyed and uncomprehending. Then, as my brain registered his words and processed them, the world stopped spinning on its axis. This could not be happening! You see, I am NOT in any way, shape or form, a morning person. I never have been and never will be. Early for me consists of having to actually be up and present myself somewhere by noon. So, my husband's words were some of the scariest he could utter. However, like a good  wife and mother, I dragged myself out of bed, slapped on some makeup so as not to scare anyone I might encounter, though I couldn't imagine who that would be at the crack of dawn, and stumbled to the car with my son in tow. As we made our way out into the cold, gray morning, I was shocked to see other cars on the road. With people in them. Going places. Seriously?! Why would anyone be out at this hour?! It suddenly made me realize why there is a Starbucks on practically every corner. These poor folks who have to be out here actually functioning at a somewhat coherent level on a regular basis are going to need all the caffeine they can get! I even saw a couple of people that I knew. You mean to tell me they do this and they have never told me?! They never asked for an award, a pat on the back, maybe even a brass band parade?? I most certainly would have given them all of the above just for their gumption and bravery in facing the world at such a frightening hour.  I returned home, still stunned, to report to my husband all that I had seen. He simply laughed at me and informed me that this happens ALL THE TIME! AMAZING! So, here's to you my morning warriors! Kudos to you and keep up the good work, so I don't have to! If you need my help with anything, feel free to call me, and I will meet you somewhere at noon!

STARBUCKS FOREVER!

1 comment: